The level our commitment to one another determines our effectiveness as a church. Harvest Bible Chapel is seeking those people who are determined to know the joy that Jesus Christ intends for His church body. To this end, we are seeking followers of Christ who are striving to grow in intimacy with Him and seeking to serve Him. If you are interested in becoming a member of Harvest, you can do so by embracing the following commitments:
- “I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ, and have been or will be (within one year) baptized as a visible way of demonstrating this commitment (John 3:16; Matthew 28:19-20).
- I will strive to grow in maturity as a disciple of Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:28-29; Ephesians 4:11-16).””Recognizing that growth is a process, I understand that Harvest believes mature disciples are those who:
- Worship Christ corporately through consistent attendance at weekend services and”personally through regular time spent in Bible study and prayer (Hebrews 10:25; I Corinthians 10:31). “
- Walk with Christ corporately through consistent participation in a Harvest small group, as I am able, and personally by dying to sin and living to righteousness (Acts 2:42-47; I Peter 2:24).”
- Work for Christ corporately through faithful service in at least one Harvest ministry and personally by living a life of service to God and others (Ephesians 4:11-16; Mark 10:45).”
- Witness for Christ corporately through participation in outreach avenues provided by Harvest and personally by lovingly and boldly sharing the Gospel, both in word and deed, with those who are not believers (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20).
- “I will submit to the authority of the church leadership according to the standards set forth in Scripture and articulated through Harvest’s Doctrine & Distinctives (Hebrews 13:17; Acts 20:28).”
- ·”I will neither criticize nor listen to any gossip concerning the members of this body.”When personally offended, I will speak directly and lovingly with those involved (Ephesians 4:15-32; 2 Corinthians 12:19b-20). “
- “I will financially support the ministries of Harvest by faithfully and cheerfully giving back to the Lord a portion of my increase (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:6-8).